Monday, November 10, 2008

Christian Education News

SUNDAY SCHOOL
Cove has a Sunday School class for YOU! We have classes for every age and stage of life. We are currently looking for a teacher for an adult class. Think about your time and talents, are you willing to share them with others once a week? Contact Ed or Karen if you are interested.

CHILDREN’S HANDBELL CHOIR
Our handbell choir will be ringing in the holiday season all over the place! We will have practice on Monday December 1st from 6:30-7pm. Listed below is a schedule of our holiday performances.
  • November 30 (Sunday) 1:30pm at The Mall at Robinson
  • December 2 (Tuesday) 6:15pm at Weirton Geriatric Center
  • December 6 (Saturday) 4pm at the Ft. Steuben Mall
  • December 11 (Thursday) 6:30pm at Wyngate
CHILDREN’S CHORAL CLUB
The children’s choir has been practicing very hard over the last month. The children have been working on a short song to accompany the lighting of the Advent candle each week. They are also working on GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST, a short musical which will be performed on December 14th here at Cove Church. Along with the program songs we will be singing a few songs of past programs at The Mall at Robinson on November 30th at 2pm. The children will also sing at the Ft. Steuben Mall on December 6th at 4:30pm.

JESUS TIME
I need volunteers to lead Jesus Time. This is not a difficult lesson to follow and I make the craft or game as easy as I possibly can. Please call Karen at 479-3711 to sign up!

CHILDREN’S ADVENTure
The Children’s ADVENTure will be held on December 13th from 12-6pm. This program is geared towards those age 3 and up. The day will be a "mini VBS style" of day. This day is designed to give parents a day to do some holiday shopping or wrapping or even a nice afternoon to spend some down time together amidst all the holiday craziness. With this in mind I NEED grandparents and teens to help me. It takes more than one or two people to pull off a day like this!

As I type this it is November 7th and I have heard the first of Christmas songs playing in the stores. Now mind you, I’m not your typical woman, I am NOT a shopper! I’m one of those people you pass in the aisle who has that "man on a mission" look in their eyes. My first rule of thumb is get in, get it and get out! Well, much to my astonishment, the music was inspiring me to start the dreaded "Christmas shopping". Within minutes you guessed it, I was in the toy department! Making mental notes on prices, looking at colors, checking out everyone’s favorites… Now in years past this task would annoy me. Having lost my father during the holiday season 29 years ago, I have never really been a big fan of all the traditional holiday spirit and hubbub. What made me change today…was I starting to believe? Was I finally paying attention to the words…Let every heart prepare him room. Let’s prepare room for him in our hearts not just for the day or the season but for every day! I’d like to encourage everyone to slow down, browse and shop in leisure…

Seasons blessings to all!
Karen Vida

No comments: